I am looking for a healthy morning muffin that is pack with good source of nutrient for my family. This is the second time baking it and trying out different flours in my pantry. I replaced the almond flour with oat flour and added blueberries this time. They turned out great and I will add strawberries or other berries next time.
Blueberry Oat Muffins (makes about 8)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups oat flour or almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A small pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup blueberries or strawberries
- Heat oven to 350°F and grease muffin pan
- Mix yogurt, melted butter, maple syrup, vanilla and apple cider vinegar.
- Add oat flour, baking soda and salt to the wet mixture.
- Add eggs to the batter.
- Fold blueberries into the batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Transfer the muffins to a rack to cool for 5 minutes.
Enjoy! Nutrition facts for 1/4 cup (4 Tbsp) of oat flour to provide 3.6g fiber, 4.8g protein, 144g calorie, 25g carbohydrate, 3.6g fat. Reference obtained from CalorieKing.